OSHA 10-hour Construction Training Course
As per New York City Local Law 41 from 2008 all individuals performing construction work at major buildings shall have successfully completed, within the previous five calendar years, a ten hour course approved by the United States Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration in construction industry safety and health, or by the commissioner covering substantially the same material.
Student must be able to communicate with the instructor in the language the course is held in. Valid photo ID required.
The 10 hour OSHA Construction Training Class is designed to promote workplace safety and health and to make workers more knowledgeable about workplace hazards and their rights. Emphasis is placed on the role of the construction worker in hazard recognition and avoidance, workers’ rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint.
The course additionally provides information regarding workers’ rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint. The course is taught by an Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) authorized instructor. Students receive a card acknowledging they have completed the class. OSHA cards do not expire. However, as per the New York City Department of Buildings, the card must have been issued within the past 5 years in order to work on any site.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize worker rights and employer responsibilities under OSHA
- Discuss OSHA standards and procedures such as inspections and filing complaints.
- Identify major hazards that are predominant when using stairways and ladders on construction site
- Define methods of controlling four main health hazards that construction worker may be exposed to
- Identify ways to select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and life saving equipment
- Identify major focus four hazards and describe ways to prevent worker’s exposure
- Explain risks associated with unsafe use of scaffolding equipment on construction site
- Identify what the responsibilities are for both employers and employees.
To receive a certificate/card for the course, students must:
- Be able to clearly communicate with the instructor and complete all paperwork in the language the course is delivered.
- Complete all required paperwork: registration, evaluation, attendance, etc.
- Attend all required hours of the course.
- Actively participate during class activities and reviews.
- Complete tests with a passing grade of 70%.
- An OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry wallet card from the OSHA Training Institute will be issued directly to participant within 90 days of successful completion of course.
Certified Site Safety is your partner in acquiring your OSHA 10-hour Construction Training. Our qualified, friendly instructors will prepare you for the examination, helping you learn the material and receive your certification. To view currently scheduled OSHA 10-hour Construction Training classes, visit our monthly calendar. If you do not see a class for the OSHA 10-hour Construction training, call us and we will schedule one for you. All our courses are conducted at: 99 Lafayette Avenue, White Plains, NY 10603.