32-HR Suspended Scaffold Supervisor Training Course
As per 33220.127.116.11 of the 2014 NYC Construction Codes, this course is required by the New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) for supervision of NYC suspended scaffold projects on construction sites. Re-certification is required every 4 years.
Students are recommended to have some experience using suspended scaffold systems, but there are no prerequisites. However, students must be able to communicate in the primary language of the course.
The 32-HR Suspended Scaffold Supervisor Course is designed for experienced workers whose role requires supervision of suspended scaffold projects. At least a year of practical experience in hoisting and rigging is recommended. This course will provide a hands-on approach to develop core management skills for effective supervising of suspended scaffold systems. During the course the latest suspended scaffold standards will be reviewed. Students will learn how to read scaffold design drawings, how to properly train workers on work hazards, how to verify the fitness of the rigging crew and inspect/maintain different types of scaffold hoist motors. Safety managers, superintendents, and individuals planning to apply for New York City Master or Special Rigger’s license will find this course beneficial.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- How to identify and respond to emergency situations
- Explaining the differences between OSHA and NYC DOB scaffold regulations and their sources
- Explain common hazards of suspended scaffolds from historical and statistical data
- Construct wire rope termination for hoisting rope on suspended scaffolds
- Showcase practical skills necessary to properly install and maintain fall protection systems
- Identify essential components for suspended scaffold systems
- Creating a checklist for inspecting suspended scaffolds with provided requirements
To receive a certificate/card for the course, students must:
- Be able to clearly communicate with the instructor and complete all paperwork in the language the course is delivered.
- Complete all required paperwork: registration, evaluation, attendance, etc.
- Attend all required hours of the course.
- Actively participate in class activities and reviews.
- Complete tests with a passing grade of 70%.
Certified Site Safety is your partner in enrolling in your 32-HR Suspended Scaffold Supervisor Course. Our qualified, friendly instructors will prepare you for the examination, helping you learn the material and receive your certification. To view currently scheduled 32-HR Suspended Scaffold Supervisor classes, visit our monthly calendar. If you do not see a class for the 32-HR Suspended Scaffold Supervisor Course, call us and we will schedule one for you. All our courses are conducted at: 99 Lafayette Avenue, White Plains, NY 10603.